August 27, 2020
Sept. 8 – Oct. 26 – Virtual American Baptist Churches of the Rocky Mountains (ABCRM) Annual Gathering is Virtual this year & FREE!
The theme of the ABCRM Gathering is RUACH: Breath – Wind – Spirit. The current pandemic has taken our breath away, often literally. We see the unrest and uncertainty in our nation. We hear the "breaths" of those shouting for justice in our land. And, we hear the whispers upon the wind of our prayers for God to intervene and to lead us...God’s people. And so, in a time of social distancing and precautions, we're gathering virtually this year. With it, comes new challenges, but also new opportunities. More people - from further distances - can participate in this virtual Gathering. We can join together in our homes and in our churches, remembering the Hebrew word used to describe "breath, wind, and spirit" - RUACH - a reminder that God's Spirit is still at work in our world! O God, may you breathe upon us as we remember your name and celebrate your goodness!
The Gathering is FREE to ALL who want to participate, however you do need to register ASAP. Register Here. What comes with your FREE registration?
- A copy of The Gathering Book sent to your home and a “Gathering Box” with some special items, including items to create an at home altar for worship
- Access to the worship service on Fri., Sept. 25from 7-8:30pm
- A link to join the Business Meeting on Sat., Sept. 26 from 9-10:30am
- Links to join all the workshops and updates from some of our American Baptist Missionaries (reminder emails sent the day before each session with the online link and any handout materials):
- Tues. Sept 8 – 1-2:30pm – Creating Engagement in Worship (Brad Berglund)
- Mon. Sept. 14 – 1-2:30pm – Teaching Prayer & Spiritual Disciplines (David & Joyce Reed)
- Mon. Sept. 21 – 3-4:30pm – Manuscript Bible Study (Stan Slade)
- Tues. Sept. 22 – 1-2:30pm – Anxiety in the Time of COVID (Margaret Marcuson)
- Wed. Sept. 23 – 7-9pm – I Can’t Breathe: Racism & the Church’s Response (Zina Jacque)
- Thus. Sept. 24 – 6-8pm – Clergy Appreciation Online Cooking Classes (for registered clergy & spouses)
- Fri. Sept 25 – 7-8:30pm – Virtual Worship Service
- Sat. Sept. 26 – 9-10:30am – ABCRM Business Meeting
- Mon. Sept. 28 – 1-2:30pm – Missions: Bolivia (JD & Rhonda Reed)
- Mon. Oct. 5 – 7-8:30pm – Missions: Chiapas (Juan & Denise Aragon)
- Mon. Oct. 12 – 7-8:30pm – Mission: Dominican Republic (Vital & Ketley Pierre)
- Mon. Oct. 19 – 10-11:30am – Missions: Arab World (Dan & Sarah Chetti / Melanie Baggou)
- Mon. Oct. 26 – 7-8:30pm – Missionary Support: Spiritual Development (David & Joyce Reed)
- Calvary can have up to 5 church delegates (being a delegate means you can vote at the Business Meeting). If you are a member of Calvary and would like to be a delegate, please email Pastor Anne.